Press briefing on plenary session today at 15.30
The European Parliament’s and political groups’ spokespersons will hold a briefing on this week’s plenary session today at 15.30.
The main topics that MEPs will discuss and vote on during the 8-11 March plenary session include:
- International Women’s Day celebration with Presidents Sassoli and von der Leyen, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and US Vice-President Kamala Harris
- Signing of the joint declaration on the Conference on the Future of Europe
- EU4Heath programme
- InvestEU programme for strategic and innovative investments
- Carbon levy to raise global climate ambition
- Due diligence and corporate accountability
- Attacks on media in Poland, Hungary and Slovenia
Interpretation will be available in English, French and German.
Journalists wishing to actively participate and ask questions, please connect via Interactio by using this: https://broadcaster.interactio.eu/join/66e2-hy1p-1w4u
Important notice: Following advice from Parliament’s medical service, EP President Sassoli has decided that anyone wishing to enter Parliament’s premises must wear either a surgical mask or an FFP2 respiratory mask as of 8 March. You will not be allowed to enter Parliament wearing a ‘community mask’ or any mask made of textiles.
Information for the media - Use Interactio to ask questions
Interactio is only supported on iPad (with the Safari browser) and Mac/Windows (with the Google Chrome browser).
When connecting, enter your name and the media you are representing in the first name / last name fields.
For better sound quality, use headphones and a microphone. Interpretation is only possible for interventions with video.
Journalists who have never used Interactio before are asked to connect 30 minutes before the start of the press conference to perform a connection test. IT assistance can be provided if necessary.