The Inquiry Committee on the use of spyware will discuss the situation in Greece, where journalists and political figures have reportedly been targeted with spyware.
At Thursday’s exchange of views, MEPs will first discuss a report on the July 2022 fact-finding mission to Israel.
They will then hear from and question the following speakers:
- Stavros Malichudis, journalist targeted by spyware
- Thanasis Koukakis, journalist targeted by spyware, and
- Eliza Triantafillou, investigative journalist.
- Athanasios Staveris, Secretary General of Telecoms and Post, Greek Ministry of Digital Governance
- Panos Alexandris, Secretary General of Justice & Human Rights, Greek Ministry of Justice, and
- Christos Rammos, President, The Hellenic Authority for Communication Security and Privacy (ADAE).
When: Thursday 8 September, 09.00 - 12.30
Where: European Parliament in Brussels, Spaak building, room 4B001.
You can follow the discussion here (live and video-on-demand).