The European Parliament press services will hold a last-minute online press briefing on the 8 -9 November plenary session today at 14.30.
Key topics this week include:
- Cate Blanchett, UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, to address European Parliament
- Debate on 26 - 27 October EU summit with Presidents Michel and von der Leyen
- New rules to reduce road transport emissions
- Data Act: MEPs to finalise new fair access and use rules for industrial data
- MEPs to assess effectiveness of EU sanctions on Russia
- Parliament set to clear the way for three new EU revenue sources
The press briefing will be held online only from the VoxBox studio in Parliament in English and French (without interpretation).
Journalists wishing to actively participate and ask questions, please connect via Interactio by using this: https://ep.interactio.eu/66e2-hy1p-1w4u
Information for the media - Use Interactio to ask questions
Interactio is only supported on iPad (with the Safari browser) and Mac/Windows (with the Google Chrome browser).
When connecting, enter your name and the media you are representing in the first name / last name fields.
For better sound quality, use headphones and a microphone. Interpretation is only possible for interventions with video.
Journalists who have never used Interactio before are asked to connect 30 minutes before the start of the press conference to perform a connection test. IT assistance can be provided if necessary.
When connected, open the chat window (upper right corner) to be able to see the service messages.
For more details, check the connection guidelines and recommendations for remote speakers.