Concluded and signed files
After conclusion: signing and publication of legislative acts
After an agreement on a legal act has been reached (at first, second or third reading) in the course of the ordinary legislative procedure and the Parliament and Council have concluded the formal adoption procedures the President of Parliament and together with a representative of the rotating Presidency of the Council of Ministers sign jointly the act, in accordance with Article 297(1) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
Since 2003, on an initiative from the European Parliament, the President of the Parliament and the Presidency of the Council sign the "LEX texts" jointly in the margins of Parliament's plenary sessions. The purpose of the joint signing ceremony is to demonstrate that the two co-legislators, acting on an equal footing, have formally adopted the legal acts.
After their signature, the legal acts are published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ), along with any jointly agreed statement. Publication in the OJ is a condition of the applicability of the acts. Legislative acts are published in the OJ's 'L' series. Unless otherwise agreed by the co-legislators the acts enter into force on the twentieth day following their publication.
Below you find the list of legislative acts published each year since the beginning of the eighth term.
- List of legislative texts published in 2022 (PDF - 709 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2021 (PDF - 516 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2020 (PDF - 555 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2019 (PDF - 594 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2018 (PDF - 457 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2017 (PDF - 1001 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2016 (PDF - 616 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2015 (PDF - 602 KB)
- List of legislative texts published in 2014 (from July 2014) (PDF - 590 KB)
- Mid-term Activity Report (2019 - 2021) (PDF - 1 MB)
- Article 294 TFEU
- Interinstitutional Agreement on Better Law Making 2016
- Joint Declaration on Practical Arrangements for the Codecision Procedure 2007
- Parliament's Rules of Procedure
- Legal bases for the ordinary legislative procedure (PDF - 1 MB)
- Handbook on the Ordinary Legislative Procedure