5. Where can I lodge a complaint on maladministration by EU institutions or Member State administrations? 

The European Parliament cannot investigate complaints against EU institutions or bodies. According to Article 228 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, complaints on maladministration by the institutions and bodies of the European Union should be addressed to the European Ombudsman.

Please note that the European Parliament and the European Ombudsman cannot investigate complaints against national, regional or local administrations in Member States, even when the complaints are about EU matters. Many of these complaints can be addressed to national or regional ombudsmen or committees on petitions in national or regional parliaments. Contact details for all national ombudsmen are available on the European Ombudsman's website.