skip to content

EU Citizens' Corner


Following the decision of the United Kingdom to leave the European Union, many EU citizens living in the UK have been concerned that their rights might be affected and that they may no longer be represented in the European Parliament. This is not the case. As a resident of the UK, EU citizens are now represented by the MEPs of their country of origin. For example, if you are a French citizen living here, you can contact your French MEPs. You can find their contact details on the websites  below.

European Parliament Liaison Offices

The Delegation of the European Union to the United Kingdom provides information to assist EU citizens with issues relating to the EU Settlement Scheme as well as links to the UK Government's website and the European Commission's questions and answers document below.

Residing in the UK and in the EU

The3million, a not-for-profit campaign organisation, was established after the 2016 EU referendum to provide information to and support for EU citizens who have made their home in the UK. You will find plenty of advice on their website, along with details of how you can get involved with their work.


Finally, the Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens' Rights Agreements has been set up by the UK Government but works independently as an investigatory body if you feel there has been an infringement of your acquired rights. Further information about what they do and contact details can be found below.

Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens’