The Media Library archives and stores audiovisual content produced in the European Parliament. We provide access to Broadcast-quality video footage of a wide range of EP activities to journalists, citizens, NGOs, as well as internal services.
The memory of the European
The audiovisual archives offer thousands of hours’ worth of video footage, audio recordings and photos, documenting the history of Europe from the first steps of the Common Market to the present day. Our extensive library includes:
- The Schuman declaration, treaties, accession of member states
- Plenary session debates since 1979
- European Elections since 1979
- Parliamentary activities (committee meetings, press conferences, official visits)
- Illustrative material on priority EU topics
Professional archivists are at your service to provide inspiration and help you find what you need. Upon request, we can provide high-resolution footage in any format, including the following:
- XDCAM 50
We provide all requested material through a private download link, which expires after one month.
Conditions of use
Video material is offered free of charge.
Identification of origin (© European Union - YYYY) is mandatory.